Change / Replace a Conceal Carry Permit
To Change Your Address or Name or Replace a Lost or Stolen CCP
Pursuant to RSMo § 571.101 to 571.121:
- Upon changing his or her permanent residence to a location outside the county of permit issuance, the permit holder must notify the sheriff of the new jurisdiction of their change of residence within 30 days. In Jackson County, the permit holder must make an appointment and shall be required to furnish proof of their residency to the sheriff.
- Upon changing his or her name, the permit holder must notify the sheriff within 30 days and shall be required to furnish proof and obtain a new concealed carry permit.
- Upon the loss or theft of a CCP card, permit holders must notify the sheriff within 7 days and shall be required to complete a statement and obtain a new concealed carry permit.
To do the above, the permit holder must make an appointment and shall be required to furnish proof to the sheriff before being issued a new concealed carry permit.
There will be a processing fee of $10 to make an address or name change or to replace a lost or stolen card.
In addition, there will be a late penalty of $10 per month for each month, up to 6 months for late renewals.
Note: All processing fees are non-refundable, and no cash or credit cards will be accepted. Those individuals not providing all of the required documents will be denied from processing and must make another appointment to be processed.
Pursuant to SB 656, any Concealed Carry Permit issued on or after October 10, 2014 is valid for 5 years each. All permits issued prior to are valid for 3 years.
Conceal Carry Permits
4001 NE Lakewood Court
Lee's Summit, MO 64064-1703
By appointment only during these time periods
Mondays - Tuesdays*
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Wednesdays - Thursdays*
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
No appointments on Fridays or weekends
* excluding holidays
Fees & Payments
- BEGINNING OCTOBER 1st, THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE WILL TRANSITION TO A ONE-CHECK PAYMENT SYSTEM. THE $100 FEE MUST BE SUBMITTED ON ONE CASHIERS CHECK, PERSONAL CHECK OR MONEY ORDER, INSTEAD OF TWO.
- $72.75 Processing Fee for New Permits
- $27.25 Fingerprint Fee
- $50 Processing Fee for Renewals
- $10 Fee for Change of Address/Lost Card
- Personal checks, cashier's check or money orders ONLY
- Credit cards and cash not accepted
- $10 per month each month, up to 6 months for late renewals